Saturday, March 26, 2005

[PDA/Cellphone] O2 XDA Mini xBackup

Two days ago I evaluated some PocketPC software using my O2 XDA Mini. All programs had been removed because I didn't like any of them, but the uninstallations seemed incomplete and some weird behavior developed. So earlier tonight I performed the dreaded hard reset and restored from a previous backup using O2's built-in xBackup software. After getting all my data back up to date, what do you know, I am no longer able to open Pocket Outlook! Some prodding showed that "\windows\tmail.exe", the .exe for Pocket Outlook, is missing. That thing is supposed to be in ROM!

I am doing a backup right now in preparation for another hard reset. :(

Update: Ok, I know I shouldn't have created a backup (thereby over writing the older restore point) of the problematic state. The xBackup restore didn't fix the tmail.exe problem, so I ended up spending the whole night manually setting everything up again.