Thursday, August 19, 2004

T-Mobile horror story

T-Mobile might have the best gadget phones around, but their service may not match up to the hardware. To be fair, it's a problem with many companies that treat their individual customers as expendable, e.g. my experience with AOL. It's just a company culture thing. This ultimately leads to the individual support personnels - they simply don't give a hoot because they just work at the company 9 to 5. They will happily do whatever it takes to get you off their phone line.

Here is a quote from the article:

... She calculated the refund, with tax, told me the amount, answered a couple more questions for me, and we hung up. I had just spent an hour of prime news-posting time dealing with something that should have been fixed three months ago, but I had finally gotten everything taken care of.

Until I tried to use my phone. It was still off, so I called T-Mobile again, not twenty minutes after hanging up with Patty the first time. Long story longer? There was no notes from Patty about giving me a credit. She lied to me. The refund - the one she calculated the taxes for - was a lie. She even made notes on my account indicating that she'd tried to placate me, but ultimately I was inconsolable.