Tuesday, December 07, 2004

[PDA/Cellphone] Innopocket h6315 case

Innopocket 6315 case (1)
Innopocket 6315 case (2)
Innopocket 6415 case (3)
Innopocket 6315 case (4)

I just received my new Innopocket Metal Deluxe Case for hp iPAQ Pocket PC h6300, and so far I am pretty happy with it. The reason why I chose this case over all others (leather or metal) is because this one allows me to view the full screen while the case is closed. Afterall, I wouldn't want to open the cover every time I use the phone portion of h6315. After getting this case, I realized my biggest worry was unwarranted - it fits nicely without any alignment issues.

Don't get me wrong, I like the case a lot, but it's not perfect. While all the button and ports are exposed properly, the power button is totally hidden when the front cover is closed. I had noticed this on the website before I made the purchase, so I can't really complain. The case is also a bit tight such that I have to apply some force to put my h6315 in and take it out. Imagine doing this every time I want to put the h6315 in its cradle - I hope I don't scratch the PDA during in the process. The mini keyboard cannot be used when the PDA is in this case, it's simply designed that way. The included belt clip feels cheap, I could hear the weak spring and cheap plastic whenever they are in action. And lastly the case adds a bit of weight and size to the overall feel.

My next step would be to make some "real" phone calls with the case fully closed.

The above pictures were taken with h6315's built-in camera, so there is no way right now I can post any pictures of the case with the h6315 in it. I will do that later when I get home.